- Become converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ and live its teachings.
- Serve faithfully in priesthood callings and fulfill the responsibilities of priesthood offices.
- Give meaningful service.
- Prepare and live worthily to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood and temple ordinances.
- Prepare to serve an honorable full-time mission.
- Obtain as much education as possible.
- Prepare to become a worthy husband and father.
- Give proper respect to women, girls, and children.
Aaronic Priesthood holders are encouraged to study these purposes and make them an important part of all that they do. Advisers and parents should be guided by these purposes in fostering a young man’s spiritual growth. Members of the bishopric and Aaronic Priesthood advisers should discuss these purposes when interviewing Aaronic Priesthood holders.